I’ve had to explain many things lately, things I don’t have an explanation for — this, of course, makes explaining them… well, impossible. It’s wearing me out, it’s making me tired — I’m very tired.
I’ve written a lot this week — three blog posts that stripped me emotionally and left me weary and filled me with a sense of accomplishment, three short fiction pieces that scared me to publish because, well, I’m that way and I’ve never shared any fiction pieces and doing something new and scary can be… scary, and a few poems that have escaped the delete button, many do not (you’re welcome) — I’m very tired.
This was also a week that gave me great hope — I was reminded on several occasions of the positivity of connection and friendship and people to look up to. I thought I would share some things that helped me overcome the tired:
- A friend sent me this video — I watched it, many times. I cried each time — then I ran.
- Another friend sent me this quick message when I was in “fight or flight mode” — I didn’t flee or fight, I took a breath.
- My best friend sent me this unexpected text message — “en route to Nashville, see you soon” — it came at the best possible time… best friends know when you say “I’m fine”, you really probably aren’t (I think there’ll be margaritas).
- A wonderful woman who makes me proud to tell people she’s my friend sent me this:
- Add in a rejuvenating, difficult “chat” with a great friend that I was scared to have…
- And this video that I watched too many times — but each time I remembered all the reasons I needed to dare myself to move.
- I also registered for another 5k race in a couple of weeks and a 10k race in November (better get on the treadmill).
So… I’m tired. I’m too tired for anymore. I’m hoping you help me fill in the blank spaces here and together, we can have a complete end of the week post. I’m sure you’re tired too — what’s kept you going this week?