Today, I’m taking stock in the things I love. I’m thinking about the people and the things and the pets that I love. Here’s my list:
- My kids. All 3 of them… all the time. Even when I don’t make their favorite meal. Even when I take away their cell phones. Even when I say “no” because it hurts me to say that but…
- My sisters and my brother. All 3 of them… all the time. Even when we don’t see eye to eye on politics or movies or religion or clothes or cars or… you get the idea.
- My dogs. Both of them… all the, umm… most of the time. Even when they bark just to incite a barking dog riot in the neighborhood. Even when they trample across my treadmill with their muddy feet. Even when they want to be fed at 5:30 am (even on Saturdays).
- My “work girls”. All 6 of them… all the time. Even when we don’t see eye to eye on… well, a lot of things. Even when we are a part.
- My treadmill. It has transformed my physical body and my mental state. Even when it goes too fast. Even when it says I’ve only ran 2.3 miles when I KNOW it was 3. Even when it yells at me to get on it when I’d rather be here…
- This blog. Even when it hurts to push publish. Even when it hurts to read the comments. Even when I wish I hadn’t said all of that…
- My car. Even when it makes me spend way too much money to fill it up. Even when it makes me get pulled over because its brake lights don’t work. Even when it lets a tire go flat.
- My card making crafts. Even when I think it looks kind of stupid. Even when I think I’d like to send a card to someone but know I can’t. Even when my daughter finds its hiding place and makes me the most special of all cards.
- My vacuum. Even when it doesn’t pick up all the dirt it is supposed to. Even when I wish it was purple or green or had some type of cyclonic action. Even when it makes me dump its contents all over the floor I just vacuumed.
- My friends… all of them. Even when I forget to email them back. Even when they forget to call on that day that was so hard. Even when they are far away… because my heart is always here.
- My life. Even when I mess up. Even when I wish I could move on but my feet are planted so solidly. Even when I think about the ending I wanted but will no longer have.
Well, that’s 11 for me. There’s a whole lot more — I just didn’t want to overload you with the “taking stock” thing. But now… it’s your turn. What are you taking stock in right now?